Yesterday I travelled (or traveled) with the wifeband to the great northern land of Chicago. I meticulously documented the travels in yesterday's video. And now I want to share with you a few things I've learned about being a decent houseguest. It's really easy, guys, come on. Stop being jerky houseguests.
Get ready for some honesty.
New series in which I answer at you. WheezyWHAT!?
Ever ask yourself "I want to hack the crap out of my life. Wait, that wasn't a question. Oh well." Well have I got an answer for you! Today's video!
Just some helpful tips from the man who's lived it all, or most, well, at least some.
A new video continuing our argument about arguments! Also, just wondering who out there watches videos directly from this website only. Anybody? Let me know by commenting and tell me why you prefer watching here. :)
So Chyna wrote part of today’s video. I’m not saying it’s Shakespeare caliber but I’m not saying it’s not.
Yeah, this one's really got a lot of stuff in it.
Gary Johnson: http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/28/politics/gary-johnson-chris-matthews/index.html
Alec Baldwin SNL trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpeDdqcU_VY
$50,000 to punch that dude: http://www.wpbf.com/article/fla-woman-gets-to-punch-martin-shkreli-in-the-face/4186465
I should totally be an etymol--uh word person or some junk.
Today, Beardlovers, you learn a lot about me. For instance I like to run away from problems and it really works out for me. Also, I might be a former Russian official. Just don't tell any one about it, k?
Over the past few years I’ve been in a bit of a rut creatively. If you’ve been watching my YouTube videos that should seem obvious based on the amount of times I’ve been changing it up.
Well in the past week I’ve read quite a few articles on Medium and elsewhere about productivity and life advice type stuff. I came across this guy, James Altucher, and his Ultimate Guide for Becoming an Idea Machinereally resonated with me. He challenges himself to come up with a list of 10 ideas each day as a creative exercise because that’s what creativity is, exercise.
Being the video making guy I am I’ve decided to commit myself to do something similar, a straightforward, conversational video every morning on my WheezyNews channel in which I come up with my own ideas in the hopes that this can jog loose whatever is gumming up the works in my mindbrain.
I’ve already done the first video in which I talk about 10 ways to improve my life:
For those who don’t want to watch the video, here are those ways:
1) Make my workflow more realistic. Stop being too ambitious.
2) Get more sleep. I’ve always had a problem with this. Now I’m going to change that!
3) Make clear goals. I’ve kind of just been meandering without direction, making random stuff that sort of interests me. Now I want to work towards some things like making a movie. I’ll chronicle more of these things in a future video.
4) Say no to projects that interfere with my goals. Having goals will actually make this easier.
5) Stop drinking. This will definitely help my sleep and my energy levels.
6) Try to quit coffee again? Hmmm, maybe.
7) Read more books.
8) Tell more stories. I think what I want most is to be a storyteller. I don’t think I’ve been making that my main objective lately. I want to make movies, write books, blog posts, etc. that tell stories rather than facts or random thoughts.
9) Improve my skills. I’ve been resting on my laurels. It’s time to get better at video production, editing, effects, writing, everything. There’s always room for improvement.
10) Stop reading so much news. It’s distracting and coerces me into rehashing what I read rather than taking things from my brain.
There ya have it. Expect a video every day on WheezyNews and an occasional post on here based off of those videos. At least for as long as I’m enjoying it.
Do I even life, bro? We'll find out soon enough.
Signed Wheezy Poster and Mitzy Drawing Shirt (and MORE)!
AlgoRhythm on Go90!
Occasionally I decide to put on my life guru shoes. Today is one of those days. I had to go to the back of the closet to find them and dig out all the moth balls, the accumulation of which is quite strange considering we just moved, but I found them and now they're on. Don't worry, I put socks on first, my profundity socks.
So here's the list of top 5 ways to be more productive as promised from the top of this post.
1) Who says you have to be more productive? Just make sure you can put food on the table and enjoy life. Lots of people out there seem to be "more productive" but aren't really making anything useful, like dumb productivity lists, for instance.
2) If you really believe being productive makes you happy, by all means, go for it. At the risk of sounding like Nike and Shia Labeouf, just do it. Seriously, all ya gotta do is get the things in your head out into the world. I felt like being productive so I started this dumb productivity list.
3) If you start something and you don't like it, oh well. There's literally millions of things being made in the world right now and most of them are crappy. No big deal if your thing turns out to be crappy as well. At least you learned something. Doing stuff is the best way to learn stuff. Way better than reading dumb productivity lists.
4) Start with something easy. Don't think the thing you make has to take weeks or months. Do something small. Instead of writing a novel, maybe fashion an amazing tweet. As you get better at tweets then you can move on to paragraphs if you want to. You can even repurpose the tweets and string them together into full pages of stuff. I repurposed this dumb productivity list on Facebook into a blog post right here on this website.
5) Stop reading dumb productivity lists.
I wanted to do a little explaining about why I'm not longer doing the daily vlog (and talk about some plans I have for the future)!
Goodbye Chicago. Hello Austin!
It's bittersweet but we've officially completed our move to Austin, TX and we're loving it so far.
We'll miss you Chicago (but we'll see you again soon).
As I get older it behooves me to keep up with what young folks think is "groovy" and "neat". So I did some market research into this whole #PokemonGo thing. Why do these young whippersnappers like it? Here are my thoughts!
Support my beard?:
More comedy gold:
Join the community and discussion:
If people are gonna tell me I look like Vsauce all the time then why not just BE him.
Yeah. I'm just gonna lean into it.